Introduction / Preface
How do we collect information on Koskosan site?
- Directly from you: We may ask for certain details such as your first and last name and email address when registering to our site or when signing up for the Koskosan newsletter, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through, and may collect information you provide in the user content that you post on our website. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the website, and as further detailed below.
- Through third party sites: We may also receive information from you through third party sources. For example, if you access our websites through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Twitter or Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” or linking your account to the Koskosan service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Koskosan. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account and any information you have made public in connection with that service, including your public profile picture, news feed, posts on your wall (including your friends’ posts on your wall), friends list, etc.
- Analytics information: We may directly collect or use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the site. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, and other information that assists us in improving the services offered on Koskosan. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form so that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies information: When you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Koskosan help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use our website and your online habits pertaining to the Koskosan website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the website) and allows us to track your usage of Koskosan’s services over time.
What do we use your information for?
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with products and information you have requested via our newsletter. In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information to:
- Operate, manage, maintain and enhance our website
- Communicate with you, by mail, email or phone
- Conduct competitions or promotions
- Ensure safe trading
- Provide you with promotional material you may be interested in
Who do we disclose your information to?
We will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside Koskosan and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent. Koskosan will however, disclose your information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to protect the security or integrity of our services and website; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Koskosan, our users or others.
Information collected is considered to be of utmost importance, and Koskosan implements a variety of measures to ensure the safety of your personal information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorized access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications from Koskosan, at all times.
However, Koskosan cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Koskosan or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of Koskosan’s distributors, such as social networks. Koskosan is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may feature or include third party products and services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities on these sites. We advise you to read their terms and conditions before handing out any personal information that identifies you as an individual.